- Right off the bat, you will notice multiple pairings of WOO’s eye-pleasing red and yellow palette. I’ll let you find them. See Schindler’s List, Jaws, Sugarland Express, 1941, Joe vs. the Volcano, Twister
- The head scientist is named ‘Ozzy.’
- While fleeing from the bad guys, Ozzy hops on a bicycle and makes a clean getaway, thus rescuing Tuck. See Munich, Adventures of Tintin, Amistad, 1941, Always, Super 8, War of the Worlds, Empire of the Sun,The Goonies, Sugarland Express, Jaws for Steven’s love of bikes—especially during escape scenes.
- Tuck welcomes Putter to his place by saying “Home, sweet home.” See Jaws, War Horse, The Terminal, A.I., The Color Purple, Sugarland Express, Close Encounters, Empire of the Sun, Catch Me if You Can, Saving Private Ryan, War of the Worlds, Super 8, 1941, Amistad, Minority Report, Munich, Hook, Poltergeist, E. T. , Used Cars all of which extoll the sweetness of home.
- Scrimshaw chastises the redhead, “I’ll get you for this, Margaret,” a threat straight out of the witch’s repertoire.
- Bad guys turn into silly adorable Munchkins at the end. See Always