- Once again we have eggs hatching at beginning. See Jurassic Park and Munchkinland.
- In this movie Claire has the red hair and the little brother is blondish. See Jurassic Park, Sugarland Express…a nod to red and yellow? See Jaws, Sugarland Express, 1941, Jurassic Park, the Goonies, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Schindler’s List, Twister, Joe Vs. the Volcano, Duel, Used Cars, Inner Space, Memoirs of a Geisha, Gremlins.
- Although Steven doesn’t exactly repeat the dramatic vertical ascents and descents of the first Jurassics, the beginning is full of aerial camera shots panning the scenery below as if you, the viewer, are flying, observing all from above. The magical entrance and exit from OZ always required some kind of flying. Jaws, Sugarland Express, 1941, Jurassic Park, the Goonies, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Schindler’s List, Twister, Joe Vs. the Volcano, Duel, Used Cars, Inner Space, Memoirs of a Geisha, Gremlins
- Jurassic Park’s main gates remain the original mock-ups of Wicked Witch of the West’s castle version.
- The two brothers’ deadly ride begins with them traveling in the illusory safety of Glinda’s bubble.
- Do I even have to point out that the pterodactyl/pteranodon menace reflect the flying monkeys in every way!
- When T Rex duels with the hybrid monster dino, the big line is “RUN” Steven likes the thrill of Woo’s “Run, Toto, run” line and uses it in many films. See Minority Report, War Horse among others.
- At the finale, Claire and Owen are silhouetted against bright light of outside world as they prepare to exit to brave the hidden dangers and survive together…a classic Speilberg moment. See Close Encounters, Sugarland Express, Lincoln, Saving Private Ryan, 1941, Poltergeist